Recently, we discovered Toby Creek Greenway and loved it.
Toby Creek Greenway runs under beautiful, green wooded areas and through the heart of the sports fields and athletic facilities section of the UNC Charlotte campus.
From the Kirk Farm Fields parking lot, take the paved trail to the right of the bridge. In about a quarter mile, take a left to hop on the main greenway (going straight will take you to North Tryon St.).
How to get there:
The Toby Creek Greenway trailhead is adjacent to the parking lot at Kirk Field Farms located at 210 East Mallard Creek Church Rd., Charlotte, NC 28262. If this parking lot is closed, consider parking on the UNCC campus. The greenway runs along the western side of campus between athletic fields near Lot 14.
Don't forget to take:
- Comfortable walking shoes: The entire trail is paved.
- Bikes, scooters or other riding toys: Don’t forget your helmet!
- Water: You can refill at the alumni pavilion.
- Snacks: There are plenty of spots for a picnic break.
- Hats, sunglasses and sunscreen: The trail is partially shaded, but open in spaces.