After a round of gaga ball, we cruised up to Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt for a quick treat just a few blocks away on a fairly protected route. To get there, take Pierce Street, the road that dead-ends at the start of the paved trail behind St. Patrick’s, to Kenilworth, where you take a right and go two blocks to the Kenilworth Commons shopping center. Pull in the driveway and Menchie’s is at the back of the parking lot to your left. We’ve also done this route with a donut stop at Duck Donuts, also in the same shopping center.
All in all, a fun way to spend the morning!
- Water and snacks: You’re not going far, but keep the essentials handy.
- Bikes and helmets: It’s an easy, pleasant ride, but also doable by foot if you’d prefer to stroll.
- Ball: Bring your own bouncy ball if you want to play a game in the gaga ball pit.
- Shoes: If you plan to do a little rock-hopping, consider Keen sandals water shoes you can hike in. Otherwise, comfy sneakers will suffice.
- Ice cream money: A little sweet treat can be very refreshing!
- Swim suits and towels: In case you want to take advantage of the sprayground.
- Bug spray, sunscreen, hats and sunglasses: I pack ‘em everywhere we go.