The Sparrow Springs Access parking area is located at 522 Park Office Ln., Kings Mountain, NC 28086. The Pinnacle Trail trailhead is just to the left of the visitor's center. You'll start on the Crowders Trail (white diamond blazes) before turning left on to the Pinnacle Trail (orange circle blazes). To take the Turnback Trail back to the parking lot, follow the Pinnacle Trail back down the mountain, but veer right at the trail intersection to take the white triangle blazes. The Turnback Trail will bring you back to the southeast corner of the visitor center parking lot.
- Water: Keep hydrated. You can refill at the restroom facilities in the main parking lot.
- Snacks: You'll enjoy a chance to re-fuel at the top.
- Comfortable hiking shoes: Hiking boots or something supportive are preferable.
- Hats, sunglasses and sunscreen: It's especially wide open at the peak.
- A light-weight bag: To carry your phone, camera and supplies.