Here's what's new:
- The Independence Park StoryWalk has a new book on display: Bear Snores On, by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman.
- A StoryWalk has been added to Seversville Park, just west of Uptown. The book on display at Seversville is Wolfie the Bunny, by Ame Dyckman.
- And, on March 26, a new StoryWalk will debut at Grier Heights Park. We plan to be there for it's grand opening!
Independence Park is located at 300 Hawthorne Lane, Charlotte, NC, 28204. The StoryWalk starts at the playground and winds its way along the walking path toward Hawthorne Lane away from town and ends back at the playground. Here's a park map.
- Sunscreen, hats and sunglasses: All three parks offer little shade.
- Water and snacks: Independence Park and Seversville Park have playgrounds and all three parks have picnic tables if you want to stay and make an afternoon of it.