|Photo: SC Conservation Bank-SC Gov.|
How to get there:
Landsford Canal State Park is located at 2051 Park Dr., Catawba, SC, 29704. Take I-77 South to exit 77 onto US-21. Take a left on S. Anderson Rd. and go 10 miles. Turn left on Landsford Rd. You’ll see the park entrance signs just under two miles down the road.
Don’t forget to pack:
- Cash: For the Park entry fee.
- Water: A must-have for any hike. You don’t need to pack extra; you can refill at the visitor center when you finish your hike.
- Snacks: Throw in a granola bar, trail mix or crackers. It buys you time on the trail when your tank starts running on empty.
- Backpack or bag: Something lightweight and comfortable to carry your essentials.
- Bug spray: Fend off mosquitoes and ticks.
- Shoes: If you plan to do a little rock-hopping, consider Keen sandals or water shoes you can hike in. Otherwise, comfy sneakers will suffice.
- Sunscreen, hats and sunglasses: Especially if you plan to paddle.