Here's a good way to experience some of everything Dan Nicholas Park has to offer.
To get to the amusement attractions, follow the trail across the dam and take a left toward the paddle boats and concession stand. From there, there's a paved path that leads to the activity hub. Here, you'll find a carousel, a train, a nature center, miniature golf, a gem mine, a playground, a splash pad and paddle boats.
attractions -- all within a quarter mile loop. Check out the website for a park map, hours and prices.
Dan Nicholas Park is located at 6800 Bringle Ferry Road, Salisbury, NC 28146.
Don't forget to pack:
- Water: Stay hydrated; there are places to refill.
- Comfortable shoes: Especially if you plan to hike a bit.
- Cash: For admission to attractions.
- Sunscreen, hats and sunglasses: The trail is partially shaded, but the amusement park area is fairly wide open.
- Snacks or a lunch: If you plan to stay a while.
- Towels and a change of clothes: If the splash pad is on your agenda.