Here are two good reasons to visit Jetton Park, about 30 minutes north of Uptown Charlotte on Lake Norman: The sun and the shade.
The park offers a beautiful 1.5 mile walking trail, a gentle 1.3 mile beginner mountain biking trail, and a dynamic playground under a lush old-growth tree canopy, which makes for a pleasant outing, even on some of Charlotte's most oppressively hot days.
But Jetton Park also boasts a "sunning beach" on the shores of the lake for picnics, playing, and relaxing (sorry, no swimming allowed here).
We enjoy the walking trail (which is also suitable for strollers and other rolling ride-ons), but the 104-acre park also has tennis courts, eating areas, gazebos and a garden.
How to get there:
Jetton Park is located at 19000 Jetton Rd., Cornelius, NC 28031.
Don't forget to pack:
- Comfortable shoes: Enjoy the short pleasant trail options.
- Bikes and helmets: The short mountain bike trail is suitable for beginners and enjoyable for more advanced riders alike.
- Water: You can refill at the restroom facility.
- Snacks or a picnic lunch: Plenty of pleasant eating areas are available.
- Hats, sunglasses and sunscreen: If you're using the sunning beach, be sure to protect your skin.
- Bug spray: In the warmer months, fend off mosquitoes and ticks.
Post a Comment