Grayson Skatepark is located about five miles southeast of Uptown next to Naomi Drenan Recreation Center off of Wendover Rd. This 13,000 square-foot facility, owned and operated by Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation, offers features for beginners to pros. There is a street course with ledges, banks and rails and a multi-level bowl (from 5.5 feet to 10.5 feet deep).
A few things to know before you go:
- All participants must complete a waiver and sign in at the reception desk in the recreation center.
- Helmets, knee pads and elbow pads are mandatory.
- Day-use fee is $2/youth and $5/adult for county residents (Non-resident day-use fees are $5/youth and $8/adult. Three-month and annual passes are also available.)
- Hours of operation are Monday-Friday, noon to sunset; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sunday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- In case of inclement weather, the Skatepark closes. To check conditions, call 704-432-5231 or 980-314-1100.
Other amenities at this facility include playgrounds and ball fields and a gym, arts and crafts room and teen room inside the rec center.
Even if you are not an extreme sports enthusiast, this is a great venue for switching things up with your riding toys and spending some quality active time outdoors.
How to get there:
Grayson Skatepark is located at 750 Beal Street, Charlotte, NC, 28211.
Don't forget to take:
- Skateboard, BMX bike, inline skates or scooter
- Helmet and knee and elbow pads
- A signed waiver
- Money for the day-use fee
- Water and snacks
Physical gold can be purchased in the form of gold bars or coins. This method of investing requires storage and security arrangements, which can be costly best gold investment. Additionally, the value of physical gold can be affected by factors such as the purity of the gold and the availability of supply.ReplyDelete