Riverwalk, part of the Carolina Thread Trail, in Rock Hill, pick a pretty day and grab your sneakers or throw your bike in the car for this excursion, less than 30 minutes from Uptown.
This is a popular destination, but the 10-foot-wide paths easily accommodate both foot and wheel traffic (a perfect place for strollers, skates, scooters and bikes. Note: bicycle speed limit is 10 mph.).
The Riverwalk parking lot and trailhead are located at 575 Herrons Ferry Road, Rock Hill, SC 29730.
- Water: Stay hydrated and pack plenty for during and after your excursion; there are no water fountains for refill.
- Snacks: Bring a granola bar or two to keep your energy up.
- Comfortable shoes: Sneakers will do.
- Hats, sunglasses and sunscreen: The trail is only partially shaded.
- Bikes, scooters, skates, strollers, etc.: This is a perfect trail for both feet and wheels. Don't forget your helmet!